Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up


Hey everyone!  I know, I know, it’s been about a month since my last wrap up.  The past few weeks have been very hectic around here but I hope to get back into the swing of things now that it’s seemed to calm down some.

I want to start this week by just saying life is too short, always remember that.  Make sure your friends and family know how much you love and care about them.  This past month we experienced a death in the family when Aaron’s uncle passed away in early June.  Then, a week later, the best boss anyone could ever have, passed away suddenly.  Both were gone way too soon and will be missed terribly by many people.  Always strive to be a good person and make your mark, you never know when you’ll leave this world.

So, now that I’ve depressed everyone, what do you say we move on to happier things?  I’m working on a new segment for the “Weekly Wrap-Up” to replace the weight loss section.  Since I’m mostly maintaining with small fluctuations, I figure there’s not much to report here.  I’m thinking of doing  a segment on upcoming weekly sales, like on Hautelook, Rue LaLa and Gilt (all flash sights for those that don’t know) and also in brick and mortar stores like Sears and Kohls.  Probably also Ulta and Sephora too (these would be online and in store specials).  This would start with next week’s wrap-up, I didn’t think of it in time to put together the sales for this upcoming week.  What’s everyone think about this idea?   I’ll try it for a while and see how it goes.

Moving on to purchases this week, I only have a few.  At Ulta I picked up some Ulta Extreme Wear gel eyeliner in “Strut”, a nice purple.  I have this same eyeliner in “Ink”, a blue, and find that it’s very good for the price. Regularly it is $10.00, I got the new one on sale for $4.00.

I also grabbed a new nail polish, “Vermillionaire” by essie. It’s a bright orange I can’t wait to wear.  I usually only wear orange at Halloween but I think this color is perfect for summer.

The last item I got at Ulta is the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy flat iron spray.  I usually use Aquage Shine Spray when I flat iron my hair, but thought I’d try this out.  I have the shampoo, conditioner and hydrating mask in this line and so far I like it.  I’ve used the flat iron spray once so far so the jury’s still out on it.  I really like the Aquage stuff a lot so we’ll see if the Organix spray will work well enough to replace it.

At Target I picked up a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in “Rendezvous”, a really pretty coral color that doesn’t look to bright orange-y on me.  I also got a Loreal leGloss in “Plum Rush”, a pinky-purple. So far, I’m not liking this one, it has a weird taste and not near as much color as the ads claim.  That’s okay, this one was on clearance for like $1.72 or something like that.  I’m gonna give it another try buy may end up giving it to Scarlett.

The final item I got a Target was a cute turquoise, black and magenta color block strapless dress by Xhilaration.  It’s really nice and casual.  It will probably make an appearance next week as the “Outfit of the Week”.

Speaking of “Outfit of the Week”, since I missed getting it up on Friday, I’ll go ahead and include it here.


Blue top:  Susie Rose (Walmart)
Black skirt:  twenty-one (Forever 21)
Black heels:  Mossimo (Target)
Silver heart lock necklace:  Tiffany & Co.
Gunmetal cuff bracelet:  no brand (Burlington Coat Factory)
Silver tank bracelet watch:  Coach


And closing out this evening is this week’s manicure in “Wavelength” from the Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition collection. This one is a bright pink to coral changing one.  It’s been reminding me of something else since I put it on, I just can’t figure out what.  Don’t you hate when that happens, lol.

Well, that’s it for this week.  I hope everyone has a great week ahead.  I’ll talk to ya’ll later! J







0 comments:

Post a Comment