Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up

I’m gonna try this for a while and see how it goes.  I’m not sure exactly what it will involve as not every week is that exciting.  At work a group of us are all trying to be healthier and eat better so I’ll probably mention my progress in losing, gaining or maintaining weight each week.  Fashion and beauty purchases will also be listed, although those aren’t necessarily “weekly” things especially since I’m trying to cut back on the spending.

We’ll start this week’s wrap up with the weight loss.  I’m trying to lose just 10 pounds.  The majority of my friends don’t think I need to lose any weight.  Admittedly, I don’t look like it but it’s there.  I’m 5’3” and currently weigh 140 lbs.  This puts me right on the border of normal/overweight for my BMI.  Ideally, I should probably be at about 125 lbs. but I’m just gonna start with the 10 lb. weight loss and go from there.

To do this I’m trying to eat better  and work out more.  I’m using a website and app for my phone called Loseit.com to track my calorie intake.  Based on my age, height and current weight I have a daily allowance of 1,421 calories which can be difficult to stay at or under.  I’m also working out at least 3 times a week.  Aaron bought me an elliptical for Christmas that I use that after work for 20 to 30 minutes.  Also, Santa brought Scarlett Just Dance 3 and Smurfs’ Dance Party.  Both provide a great workout so I’ll probably start doing those as well.  With support from friends and coworkers I think it will go well.  It’s only been a week since I started so I haven’t had another weigh in yet, that will be in next Sunday’s wrap up.

Moving on to fashion and beauty purchases there aren’t many this week.  I only bought two beauty related items.  I replaced my Revlon Brow Fantasy.  I got Light Brown this time as I think the Brunette was slightly too reddish for me and didn’t look good.  This is one of the best brow pencils/gels I have used.  On one side is the pencil and on the other is a tinted gel.  The pencil is glides on real well, it’s not too hard and not too soft, and the gel sets your brows nicely without feeling too stiff or goopy.

I also got a full sized Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer to replace the travel sized one I got myself for Christmas.  I really like the way this looks on me, the way the colors of the palate blend together so it’s not too orange (like some bronzers do) or pink (like blush) on my skin.

That’s it for beauty items.  I do wish I had realized that the Revlon items were buy one, get on 50% off at Ulta though as I wanted one of the new Colorburst Lip Butters.  The color I really wanted was sold out though so it’s okay.  They’re on sale until January 21st so I’ll pick two up next payday and maybe they’ll have been restocked by then.

Lastly, and this will be bi-weekly, is my current manicure, Anja by Zoya, from the Smoke and Mirrors collection. It's a very pretty deep burgandy cream.  I'm just starting to like ceam-based colors.  I usually go with a pearl or very glittery polish but I have found some creams that look very nice on me as well.

Well, I guess that’s all for now.   Have a great week and I’ll talk to you all later! J

0 comments:

Post a Comment