Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Sickies Are Here

And I’m home with them L.  This is the 2nd time in a month I’ve come down with something.  I keep telling Aaron it’s his fault since he made me quit smoking.  I don’t usually get sick this often, maybe once a year if even that.  So yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m not smoking now, lol.  Even if that’s not true it’s a good excuse J.

I stayed home from work since it hurts to talk and swallow and my job pretty much consists of talking all day.  I’m also sure my coworkers appreciate me not coughing my germs all over the place.  So, instead of being there infecting everyone, I'm catching up on what I have saved on my DVR.  I’m taking Echinacea so hopefully this all clears up soon.  I’ll be back to work tomorrow, regardless, as its busy season and we can only have one “same day call-in” of personal time a month without it affecting our actual attendance.

In other news, I’ve had a few requests from friends that they want to actually SEE how I do my eye makeup.   Because of these requests I’m trying to figure out the best way to do any tutorials.  The lighting in my house is not the best so finding a good place to film is presenting a problem.  The best lighting is in the bathroom but there’s really no room in there.  I’d like to be able to use my desk downstairs since I have a chair and plenty of space to put my makeup mirror, makeup and camcorder but there is almost no light at all down there.  I’m also going to have to play around with the camcorder and the DVD + RW’s I have for it since I’m quite unfamiliar with reusing one of these discs after they’ve been finalized to be played back on other equipment.  I do plan on trying to film soon, probably a haul video of what I purchase this weekend.  Hopefully I can get everything in place with decent light and a voice that is back to normal, lol.

Until then, here’s another look I got from my favorite beauty blogger, MakeupByTiffanyD.  If you click on the link you will be taken to her tutorial and list of products, which is slightly different than mine.  She calls the look “Changing Leaves”.  I think it’s very pretty and great for fall and winter.   Enjoy!


 Products Used:

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
MAC Eye Shadow in Humid
MAC Eye Shadow in Copper
MAC Eye Shadow in Dazzlelight
Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Liquid Eye Liner
SEPHORA Flashy Liner Waterproof in Moss (17)
MAC Mascara X in Black
 Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Liquid Foundation in NW20
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Baked Powder in Soft and Gentle
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
Stila “Empowered in Pink” palette Blush in Pink
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer
MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk (as a highlighter)
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Cosmo (LG110)

Talk to everyone later!  J

0 comments:

Post a Comment